Website Requirements list
In order to get a merchant account, your website needs to fulfill the requirements below.
The following information and elements must be presented clearly to the customer:
- The Terms and Conditions of the company
- The Subscription “Terms and Conditions”, if the company offers a subscription-based service or product
- Refund and Shipping conditions
- The name of the descriptor for the product/service, which will appear on the bank statement of customer/cardholder
- Customer service information (e-mail and phone number)
- A clear description of the products/services, including prices and fees
- Contact and company information
- The location of the company during the checkout process
- Visa and Mastercard logos
- The website has an agreement with a gateway.
- All card information must be on an SSL secured page or connection
- Your entire webshop must have an SSL certificate, otherwise, when customers fill out forms in your webshop, the message “Not secure” will appear in the address bar of your webshop.
- Your webshop’s general Terms and Conditions must be accepted by a customer before checkout, including a link to “Terms and Conditions”.
- The terms for subscription-based services or products must be accepted by a customer before checkout, including a link to “Terms and Conditions”
- When a customer has completed a payment on the website, he must be presented with a receipt
Why do we ask about this?
Your website must be compliant with Visa and MasterCard rules.